Coloured Floors Can Add Depth to Your Toronto Interior Design. Home staging can do wonders to improve a home’s image. As Toronto home-owners prepare for a sale, styling their living spaces can give them an extra edge in the real estate market. But when a room is too small or misshaped, many home stagers turn to interior design to trick the eye. One example involves creating depth with a coloured floor to change how buyers see the space. Below, the experts from Baraka GTA Home Staging will explain how to improve your interior by incorporating depth with a coloured floor.
How does depth help home staging?
When a room is too small or too crowded, it may not always be possible to expand. For some home-owners preparing for a sale, home renovations can be too costly or simply not possible on their property. This is where the depth comes in to make a small space feel more open.
In addition, even the largest rooms can fall flat. When big spaces are missing that “wow factor” to impress buyers, creating depth can add dimension to the room. In many rooms, this can take the space from ordinary to extraordinary.
Create depth with colour
Home stagers and interior designers use colour in many ways. This includes:
- To separate parts of a room, such as using two wall colours to distinguish an eating area from a living space in an open-concept space.
- To tie living spaces together, such as using one wall colour to instead unite the two areas mentioned above.
- To influence our mood in a space, such as using cool paint and tile colours to create a calm, and serene master bathroom.
When home stagers want to add depth to a room, using contrasting colours can create an illusion of having more space. Dark shades placed next to light shades make the lighter one seem larger. For example, a light floor with dark coloured walls can add depth to a large room that’s falling flat. In contrast, white walls with a dark coloured floor can make the wall space of a small room appear vast.
Which floor colour is best to create depth?
Without the help of a Toronto home staging company, it can be difficult to decide on a floor colour. While each space is unique, here are a few colour combinations to consider:
- White and grey: When you have bold décor, your floor might fall flat. Try wide stripes of pale grey and white to add fun to the floor that won’t detract from the overall design.
- Green: Pale greens with minimal room décor can create a calm, earthy tone. Add depth to space with complimentary white, brown and wooden accent pieces.
- Black: This colour can ground bold prints and bright hues that decorate a space.
- Blue: Shades of blue or teal don’t have to be overbearing. When paired with bright décor, they become a neutral shade in the space.
Remember: if it’s not possible to completely paint the floor in your space, you can still add colour with stencilling, area rugs or smaller mats.
Houses that are staged from top to bottom are likely to generate more in a final sale. That’s why creating coloured floors is rising in popularity among Toronto home staging companies as a means to improve the impression that each space makes among buyers. If you’re a seller who needs expert assistance in home staging, contact Baraka GTA Home Staging. Our professional team will ensure your space makes buyers feel at home by using lighting, furniture and accessories from our immaculate, premium selection. Contact Baraka GTA Home Staging at 416-992 9494.